Saturday, 13 November 2010

Week 9 : Y'know what ? I'm gonna stop trying to think up unwitty titles for my posts, because sometimes it just takes too long.

Hello, that's right. I'm going to stop writing bad titles for my posts. I'm sorry. I'm just going to get cracking with the post. This week I taught my pupils some chords and it was pretty rewarding teaching them something. I look forward to the next lesson. I may have also mentioned that I had my AC30 repaired and it is now in Perth. I absolutely love that amp. She sounds so good, mmmmm. That tremolo is so warm, oooohhhhh. So vintage, ahhhhhh. And she can fairly belt it out. I was playing with her yesterday for a good 45 minutes yesterday before my flat mates came in, but when they got back they said they could hear it from outside and all the way down the stairs in the building... Sorry neighbours...

She does sound so good though.

Also this week I went to see Roll Wyn James this week and I was absolutely blown away by their talent. Kevin, from the drum shop, was very impressive. I never knew that a drummer that could play so quietly, amazing use of dynamics ! I'm glad that I've got him on board for my individual project. But my jaw just dropped for the talent of the guitar player Paul Henderson. Wow. I mean just wow. World class is all that I can say. I am also looking forward to seeing MATT SCHOFIELD tomorrow night. I can't wait. Aww man, so much guitar mastery in the one week.

Anyway to my college week. This week started with an ensemble meeting, which was neither a high or low of interest. I had prepared and emailed my contribution to the research, an analysis of Sweet Home Chicago and Gimme Some Lovin'. However I really should have brought a hard copy for everyone to see as I was handed other peoples work for reference. What I understood from the meeting was that we have to make an essay plan and I have to research The Blues Brothers 2000 movie. I wasn't too awake at that point so.... erm.... I should have paid a bit more attention.
Next up as per usual was Digital Audio Production Multimedia, which is progressing at a steady pace. I wrote another part for the trailer, which is all I can really do until I get the video. I could probably do with redoing my proposal, but y'know....

Due to industrial action band practice was moved to Tuesday morning.

This week was an improvement on last weeks non-existent practice, as we actually had a practice. I'm think we need to have a look at some more songs as the gig is fast approaching. That's all I can really say on that.

In the portfolio class, we met up with our designers again. My designer brought me a font to look at. I really do think he needs to do a bit more work because when I look at my classmate's designers work, they seem to be further ahead. The next step is to look at a photo shoot.

Production is going to close to the deadline. However this week was an improvement in progress. We have recorded two more songs this week. I even got in a guest drummer to play on one of the tracks, Mr Pepper. Despite this progress, we really do need to crack on with it.

That's it for this week.

Daryl

No comments:

Post a Comment