Brief: Matt Scofield was awesome. Lesson three went well, I taught my pupils a song.
I also went on a scouting mission to find information on my dissertation topic. It was a dangerous voyage up to the PRI with many obstacles and situations I had to overcome but it was a journey that lead to the desired outcome. I got loads of leaflets about alcohol and it's affects on the body. Which were ok, they really just repeated themselves.
Well prior to my first class on Monday, I bumped into my band and I was handed a piece of paper declaring that I have to write about the second Blues Brothers film. I'm sure I can do it, but I really should listen more on a Monday morning. After that, there was a similar repeat to all the Digital Audio Production Multimedia class: Sit down, do a bit more to my project for two hours and then leave. However there was a mild differentiation to this lesson as Pete had a chat with me about what I was doing. I gave him my answer and I told him I would probably have to review my proposal, which I now have to do for next week. Joy. Finally that day was band work as per usual. This week we played a couple of new tunes: Minnie The Moocher and Shake Your Tail Feather. They went alright in my opinion, but nothing special. I think we will really need to polish all of the songs up way more though.
Tuesday started with my dissertation meeting with Marlisa which I was prepared for this time, as I had sent her a copy of what I had done for my literature review. It was fine, I have to do some more for next week. Shortly after I was commandeered from my outpost at the couches to record a tune for some sound production students. So a few of my classmates and I battered out a 'raw and natural' blues jam. It was interesting, however it was good practice for on the spot slide playing. It was good fun too. In Helen's class we watched a presentation from a professional photographer. It was quite interesting and it gave me an insight into different ideas for my 'photo shoot', which I'll have to arrange with my designer...
Wednesday was a busy day. I went in for twelve to see Kev for a lesson. I soaked the knowledge up like a sponge. I then played guitar for an HNC band. Last week I told them to pick songs and then learn them, which they did. I guided them, sort of. I jammed the tunes with them and gave them pointers. They are coming on. I then hung around for a while before my producer arrived. As soon as we got a studio, 'we' decided to move to another one for some reason. Then we started to record some guitar and as per usual there was a big delay with the headphone mix, but once that was sorted we recorded the guitar. And then the bass, which took far too long. We started on the bass at half six and it didn't get finished until twenty to nine ! Why ?! We didn't have time to record the keys, or the second bass part. Again this project is just dragging.
Since then, not much has happened.
Goodbye.
Daryl
No comments:
Post a Comment