Saturday, 27 November 2010

Week 11: The Clock is ticking and so am I. *sigh*

Hello again, this is yet another blog post for yet another week. There's not much going on but there's a lot going down as per usual. The most exciting piece of news this week is that I bought a new Tri-cone Resonator guitar today. I'm pretty chuffed with it. This now means I can use it in my individual project (slide guitar), it will be a useful tool. Also this week I had a good lesson with my students. I taught them TWO songs this week ! They loved it. But alas, the class will finish in a couple of weeks and I have to do some evaluations for it. I hope I get to do another 'semester' of it, as it is good fun and good pay. This week a few of us college folk went to Edinburgh for a birthday party, it was good banter. The only music related thing that we did that night was go to the Jazz Bar. It did exactly what it said on the tin.

Well first thing on Monday we had our ensemble meetings. We discussed what we had done and what we have to do: Not much and the rest. I am aware that we have to have a draft in the next fortnight for the ensemble research and that sounds like a job for tomorrow. Also on Monday was DAPM. This class has a very familiar pattern. I tried to add to my soundtrack by making some 'epic whoosh noises'. I think the are quite effective. However I was also told to redraft my redraft of my proposal. I understand what aspects I have to change about it. Yet again, another job for tomorrow. The final class on Monday was band work. This week was a repeat of last week. We essentially went over all the songs trying to get them tight. I have no concerns about the band apart from the dance moves...

Tuesday brought my dissertation meeting, which was quite good. Apparently I have the best literature review so far... Yeah, you heard. After that though I went home as the art class was 'optional'. I met up with my designer on Friday and we arranged a photo shoot for next Wednesday. But I used my time that day effectively by arranging a recording session at a friend's house for a track for production. I felt that I needed to do it outside college as this week's title suggests, the clock is ticking. We recorded a single tune: acoustic guitar, vocals and harmonica. I would say their is a few production mistakes in the recording, but it will get mixed and mastered in college. Which leads me on to production. That class is stressing me out, there is still a lot to do and the dead line is on Friday !! You'll need to wait and see what the outcome of that will be. Will Daryl get it finished on time ? Or will he tear out his hair, breakdown mentally and babble to himself in the corner ?

I think the latter of the two.

Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment