Hello once again, I’m probably going to sound repetitive this week as once again not a whole lot has went down aka ‘this week’s blog is going to be pretty dry’. I might just ask you from now on to presume that ‘this week’ will be dry until further notice. How about that? Anyway this week I met up with Kev (from the drum shop) as he is interested in playing drums for my individual project (slide guitar). We listened to various tracks and discussed options for my set list. I found this to be very helpful as it broadened my slide guitar ‘vocabulary’, if that makes sense. I also revised my set list to include different genres of slide guitar, including Hawaiian. Yeah! How many Perth college folk have done a Hawaiian style? I’ve also considered the performance aspect of the show, as I propose to join certain songs together. So anyways here is my new set list.
1. Ry Cooder - Get Rhythm
2. The Eagles - Heartache Tonight
3. Keb’mo’ - Henry.
4. Little Feat - Dixie Chicken.
5. The Pahinuni Bros. - Jealous Guy
6. Ry Cooder - Feelin’ Bad Blues .
7. Elmore James - It Hurts Me Too
8. Sonny Landreth - Storm Of Worry .
9. Bobby King & Terry Evans - At The Dark End Of The Street
10. Ry Cooder - Let’s Work Together
Isn’t that great? Anyway the proposal for that will get done soon... So, what else happened this week? Well first up in research and management we learned about the new referencing system, which I don’t know the name of but I do know that it uses footnotes. I really need to download the PowerPoint on it. Then we talked about how to write and structure our actual dissertation which was also quite helpful as it gave me a solid idea of how to go about the dissertation. We were also assigned to our supervisor for the dissertation. I have been paired up with Marlisa. She told me to go and read some of my sources. There.
After that was digital audio production media, which was far more productive than usual, but still a bit dry. Firstly I watched some trailers for action/thriller films to take notes and inspiration from the music. I watched three trailers and took note of the styles in the trailers and the instrumentation. I noticed that most of the trailers had very similar music. I then took my information into account and sat down and wrote a few bars of ‘ambient trailer music’. I don’t think it was the best of work, but I got an idea of what voices and feels I should use for the trailer. I also forgot to mention I received my friend’s script for his trailer he is animating. I enjoyed reading through it and I think it will be a good project for writing music to.
There was no band work this week as everybody went home. I’ll let you guess what I’m thinking about that.
The next day we had the personal portfolio class which was actually good fun. First we went over various styles of portrait that we could have. It gave me a good insight into the different artistic effects for my posters and Daryl Hockin branded tea pots. After that Helen clarified what we have to do for the case study thing. I’ll report back to you on that once I have done it. But for the main task of that class we had to draw an example storyboard. I think it was to help with idea’s for drawing a storyboard for the videography for the background of my show. The subject of our storyboards was ‘the journey to college’. I didn’t finish it but I enjoyed drawing my very melancholy, predictable morning routine. I would describe it as a very drab comic. In every scene my character would be sighing about something. I found the mediocrity hilarious. But I did find the class quite helpful.
Alas production was also a lost cause, as some little bastard had taken my pen drive with all my work on it. Therefore I could not do anything, but I plan to write all the songs this week so I can catch up.
Time for a holiday.
Chow !
Daryl
No comments:
Post a Comment