Hello and once again it’s time I bring you tales of my life from this week of college. I hope you have a glass of water with you because this week’s post will be a bit dry, as not that much has changed (except they live underwater)(*sigh*). Anyway as I previously mentioned, I was at a wedding. I must say I had a lot of fun, but I tore the gooch out of my best suit doing the cha-cha slide, which doesn’t really help much with anything at all. But other than that it was all very good. I don’t think there is any other news. If I remember any news whilst I’m typing, I’ll type it.
So this week in research and analysis class we talked about how to write a literature review, I would like to impart what I learned about literature reviews, however I may have switched off because of maximum interest limitations. I actually only really remembered what we did in that class because my flatmate told me. Although I do know we have to write a literature review for our dissertation and submit it in the near future. See! I was listening! Also in that class we talked about being more reflective in our blogs. Well, I feel that I should have listened more intently in that class, as I would have learned more about literature reviews. There, I’m putting my learning in action. The remainder of that class was spent ‘doing’ the ensemble proposal. We sat around for a while and tried to fathom out what to do, which to be honest was quite a simple task, but due to our lack of care we just didn’t do it. I’m pretty sure we finished it but I think we could have done a better job.
Well you can probably guess what happened in the digital audio multimedia production class. Not a whole lot. Again we fought with our proposal, which is becoming a recurring theme of the class. Although this week, our lecturer asked us to propose our proposals to each other, which I found to be quite helpful as it helped unravel the mystery that is the task of that class. But to many people in the class this seems like just a time-wasting task for four weeks in. There were quite a few people who had informed me of their concerns of the class.
After that we had ensemble practice which I thought didn’t go very well. The first hour or so we spent looking for a room to practice in. If we didn’t have help from Ronnie we probably wouldn’t have had any success. I think we should have gone down to the practice room a bit earlier. Once we started practicing, we had realised that we had forgot most of the songs and we hadn’t had a practice for a couple of weeks, so we were pretty rusty. This made the practice quite unproductive as we were just going over old material which we should have already known. I also felt that all our playing was a bit sloppy. I think we all should have practiced the songs really. However the dance moves were spot on!
The next day I had my advisor meeting. It was fine. No real issues. I had to raise issues regarding digital audio though, but that’s my duty. After that I had a meeting with my designer. He produced a mood board with various images on it. I was impressed; however I had noticed that other people’s designers had sketches and pictures for them. But what can I say? He’ll have something for me next time. During this time we looked at different fonts which took my fancy. It was fine. We have also been given some more written work for a laugh. Great. Some sort of case study about performer’s who have designs that impress you. I’m sure I’ll be able to fit in my part time art critic’s job with my degree work (actually to counteract my initial cynicism, I probably could do that, I’m only in college two days a week and if I did a bit more knuckling down and did my work straight away.)(*sigh*).
The final class of the day was specialist production, which filled with tragedy. First up, I was handed back my proposal as I had some corrections to do which actually isn’t much of a tragedy. I went away and corrected my mistakes, but apparently that wasn’t enough. He said that I had to put some quotes into the justification, which I don’t understand because it’s a proposal for my project... I’ll do it anyway. But the main tragedy was my sound engineer dumping me! I was distraught for seconds. But ‘my case’ was handed to another sound engineer, whom was a bit unsure of taking my proposal to give him an idea of my project. I think he hadn’t been to the class before; he seemed like he didn’t know what he had to do. This should be fun.
Well I should post again next week.
Daryl
No comments:
Post a Comment