Hey everyone, it’s that time of the week again where I mandatorily ramble on for a bit about stuff that has or hasn’t happened. Great. Might be a bit dry this week, as not a whole lot has went down. I’m going to wedding tomorrow, just thought I’d add that in there. I’ll tell you about it next week.
Well I’ll start the way it usually goes down. This week I received a call about depping for someone, however it’s not your usual dep. I have been asked to fill in for a guy in an Abba tribute group, but wait it gets better, I have to dress up in some sort of cat suit and miming is also optional... I won’t lie, I am looking forward to it as I reckon that it will be a good opportunity to meet some contacts plus it’ll be an easy £75. Also this week I was asked to write a petition letter, as I am Daryl Hockin Esq.: Student Representative P.I. It was a known issue that instrumental tuition (the absence of it from our lives) had been talk of the town and word on the street was that people wanted it. Badly. Some would do anything to get it. Even pay. So I set out with my posse to write a letter that would “fuck the establishment”. I won’t lie; the letter looked pretty good and read rather well. But despite the effort from all the signatures and admin, the letter’s only effect was a meeting shortly afterwards, which supplied a very firm and roundabout ‘NO’. Student Power!! (Fails again).
Moving on to my week of college endeavours firstly was my research and development class, which was as wonderfully entertaining as ever. We got some sheets about something or other and then we ‘read’ them, but I’m pretty sure they were probably important. I still have them. Honest. Then we moved on to something else about learning how to make surveys, it was quite useful, or it will be at least. As we did that we also worked on our ensemble proposal as a group and didn’t watch funny videos on YouTube. Also during this time, we were called up individually to discuss our dissertation topics. It was seen that my Music and Alcohol topic was the strongest. I explained the various things that would be covered in my dissertation. Once again I will elaborate later. But I came up with a witty title on the spot, which I am half and half proud of and ashamed of.
Music and Alcohol: Gin and Tonic Chords.
I am the king of puns. However, I think that I could come up with a better one with a larger time-span. After that class was the riddle class, where we, once again, wrote proposals, which didn’t go anywhere. I just want to do a spoof trailer. Please let me get on with it. I could have done research for it, if there was Internet in that room, but there is not, which therefore stunts the growth of my project.
Ensemble this week was a bit of a failure too. The bass player and the sax player had to play with their other band this week, so we decided to write the group proposal. However, Tiffy had his new Micro-Korg with him and one thing lead to another and we ended up we worked on the choreography for the Blues Brothers show... I just can’t get that Charleston right in the chorus....
The next day we had that ‘meeting’ and we all know how that turned out. Afterwards we met up with our designers for our portfolio again. We were puzzled by this sheet we had to fill out and why I had to make a mood-map (which had some cool stuff on it). I really should listen more sometimes. But we eventually got the sheet finished and discussed what he had come up with, which wasn’t actually anything. It was ‘in Glasgow’ apparently, which from past experience means that he’s done bugger all. I let him off cause he’s a nice guy, but I did tell him to have something for next time.
Despite all the non-productivity of the rest of the classes, Production was the odd one out of the ‘week’. As this week we met up with our sound engineers and discussed our ideas. I met my engineer by shouting “Anyone wanna do some Pop music?” which was followed by the reply “Yeah Ok”. My engineer is called Bryan and was interested in helping me out with my project. I gave him a copy of one of the songs that I had written to be part of the project. I have yet to hear his thoughts but I think he will have some good ideas.
That’s it for this week guys.
Daryl.
No comments:
Post a Comment