Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Let's just face it, I ain't as regular as I used to be. 23/03/2011

SLIDE GUITAR DEGREE SHOW - 26th April 19:30 - Perth College

Get to the Facebook event page and attend ! (found below)

As you can see I now have a date for my individual performance. I have also had a photo shoot since the last time I posted. Aren't I a handsome boy ? (Rhetorical) That photograph was taken by one of two very talented photographers that were supplied by Helen. They took a lot of photographs. That class has almost finished, I just have to have a few more meetings regarding material with Helen and that should be it. I am keen to see what she has conjured up.

Over the past few weeks I have been quite busy with rehearsals and college. I am in several different bands and it's starting to catch up on me now. But most importantly, I am on top of my own project. I usually have a rehearsal with the singers on a Sunday night which I think is very productive as we go over the melodies and harmonies. This is useful for me as then I know the singers know their parts when it comes to a rehearsal with the band. The band rehearsals have been very successful so far. We have went over most of the songs and nailed some of them too. The songs which I think we are struggling with the most with are The Dark End Of The Street and Dixie Chicken, but I could have told you that before I started the project ! They are pretty tricky, but I have a good feeling it'll come together soon though. I'm glad that I have been lucky enough to have such a good band behind me. As for the written part of this project... I do know what I'm doing, I just need to do it.

My dissertation has been gathering dust for a little while as I had decided to focus on the research aspect of the dissertation aka the experiment. The experiment is a very valuable part of my dissertation as it will provide many facts and figures. I am fed up of explaining what my experiment is about so I may just 'copy and paste' you some information. By the way the scale is 'patent pending'.

Here are some notes from a recent presentation:

  • Listening abilities and playing abilities during different stages of intoxication.
  • There are 4 tests throughout the experiment which each of the subjects must take.
  • Each test is comprised of –

Ø 10 Aural questions on intervals

Ø Approximately 2 minutes of music analysis

Ø A filmed performance

  • Intoxication is measured by a new scale...

Sober Drunk Completely

Intoxicated

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

¡ This scale is used to measure the level of intoxication of each subject.

¡ It works much like a pain scale at a hospital where the subject uses their own perception to judge their state. Their judgments are also monitored by a sober counterpart.

¡ This scale eliminates the need for different variables such as: weight and height of each participant, units consumed .ect.

¡ However this scale can only really be used on experienced drinkers.

This experiment has many variables which could tamper with the results, such as:

The environment of the experiment.

Social distractions between the subjects.

Consumption of food.

Faults with equipment.

Competition between subjects.

Other distractions.

Being out of practice with the material.

A misunderstanding of the questions or material.

Not a large enough demographic.

¡ This experiment will be repeated with more subjects soon.

I hope you can make sense of that.

I also previously mentioned that I had a presentation. It was about my dissertation topic, which ironically was another reason that my dissertation gathered dust. I am pretty confident that my presentation went well.

I have also recently received marks back from previous classes. Remember that horrible production module ? Well it came back to bite me one final time. I was disappointed with the mark I got back for it, but I could see clearly why I received that mark. On the other hand that is that class finally over, no more strife! I also received my marks back for the ensemble performance, which was pleasing. I got a good mark for that class, which is good.

In my actual classes I have just been busy with the work. In the Digital Audio Production Multimedia class I have finally finished my contract and I have been busy editing my video and adding music. In the film and TV class I have been doing a similar thing. I have already finished one video for the class and I'm not far off a second. I seem to be the only one in the class who scores out the music first. I am cool.

The final bit if news is that I have had is that I start back at my job teaching in April.

Click the link !

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103025686446057

Goodbye

Daryl


No comments:

Post a Comment