Saturday, 5 February 2011

Semester Two: The Streets

Hello, that was quite a break wasn't it ? Looks like we're back to college, but it seems not for long. There's only three months until the finish line and there's a lot to do...

Like this blog.

Well I'll cut to the chase and go over this week. Monday saw us in with an early start and a meeting with the staff. At this meeting it was explained that we had a 'new' timetable and a new class. We also discussed our projects, wrote the members of each band on a piece of paper and assigned new time slots for our dissertation meetings. It was wild. Following the meeting was a rather large gap between 'classes', so I attended Alex's Lord Of The Blings script read through. It's quite funny, but I honestly don't get the relevance, but I'll do it anyway for the banter. On a similar note, I am an idiot. I have taken on 7 other projects other than my own... I am a fool, but at least I'll get to play my guitar. I will list the projects: Alex's Project, Alison's Britpop Musical(Acting/singing), Tess' Cowboy songs project (?), Natalie's Supertramp set, Jp's Reggae set, a song or two in Tiffy's Disney project and a few songs in Paris' Musical songs thing. Plus I'm helping out with an HNC band on Wednesdays. I am going to be a busy boy.
Afterwards we had our usual class of Digital Audio Production Multimedia, however with a slight change. We have a new lecturer for the class, Mike Brown. During the class he interviewed people and asked about their progress. I was not interviewed, however the class was actually properly explained by Mike and now I actually understand what I have to do, which is a nice thing to know two thirds of the way through the year... However in the class I didn't do any work as I had not yet received the video for the project. I have now received the video and now I can do work. Go me.

Tuesday was also 'productive'. It started out with a meeting about Alison's britpop musical. We discussed available times. Tuesday night. There. Personal portfolio class, started with disappointment as, surprise surprise, my designer was not there. I had also heard he was in New York and he STILL hadn't done any work. This annoyed me greatly. I spoke to Helen about his reliability and it was decided that I had to fire him. Boo hoo. However on the upside, my designer is now Helen, which is great ! I'm looking forward to see what she will produce. During the class I made her a mood-board as a 'guide'. It included various pictures of guitars and stuff. It was cool. I also have to write her a bio for the website ? Oh well, sounds good. Afterwards we had a new class, Film and TV. It was pretty good, writing music for film and TV, bonza. However this week my work came to a halt as I was writing a theme for Prison Break and I couldn't find a decent bell sound. *sigh* I spent most of my time doing that, I had only wrote about two notes. I was mildly ashamed. But I'll get it next time...

Wednesday was good day ! I had my first rehearsal for my project and it went brilliantly ! It was only a practice with the rhythm section but it was sounding good for a first rehearsal. We went over Get Rhythm, Jealous Guy and Let's Work Together. Initially I was a bit nervous as I had never played slide guitar in a band before, but after a couple of run-throughs I was tearing it up ! Get Rhythm is quite a tricky number as it has some intense right-hand comping. I think I'll need to practice that a bit more. It was also decided that the songs is also tricky geographically and the band need to follow the vocals, which we didn't have this week, but don't worry, we got through. I am really excited about this band.

Also this week I handed in my evaluation for the ensemble project and I bought a load of books for my dissertation research.

Catch you next time.

Daryl

No comments:

Post a Comment